Wednesday 11 March 2009

Grounded!!!

Oh well... Ever since I saw the dev blogs on the new release I knew I might have a problem. The Classic client has served me well over the last year and apart from some weird effects in fleet battles it worked really great. There was certainly never a problem in 1v1's. The new software is a disaster for me though because although I meet the minimum system requirements in practice it's unplayable. I'm not alone obviously and the closest post I've seen to my situation is probably this one although it doesn't mention the weird sound distortions I sometimes get!

Now I guess at this point I could have a good old moan at CCP, particularly as I'm currently paying for two accounts. But the truth is I don't blame them for pushing up the requirements because if you don't you end up with game development being held back by the need to support old systems. The trouble for me is that I don't think it makes sense to try and upgrade my current ageing machine - it would be like putting lipstick on a pig.

So there it is, looks like Brutus is grounded until a new machine appears although when that will be I'm not sure. In the meantime he'll get some training done and think back on some great recent fights while he sits in the station bar. A good example was the one with Arquebie where there was just 17% structure between victory and defeat. It was the second combat in a few days and this time he used EMP... Boy was that fight close. Happy days.

Fly deadly!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting for the new client to download to see if my old computer can run it properly - already stashed some money away for an upgrade if needed.
    By the way, Arquebie seems to be another solo Rifter maniac. Fought him once too.

    ReplyDelete